An old picture, but I really like it and until I figure out how to get more than one on here...

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Birthday thrifting!

I turned 26 last week. Why is that such a scary number? I was totally okay turning 25, but then when 26 hit me it was like...wait...I am still young? I know I am, but as my adoring employer told me, "You've entered the 2nd quarter!" I mean, great...I guess if I live til 100, I should be happy, right? Something about being 26... Anyways, on to bigger and better things!



My friend Meagan and I were able to go to TWO 2nd hand stores on my birthday! I was very excited because I usually work Wednesdays, and on Wednesdays, the Salvation Army has 3 color tags 1/2 off! To make it even better, I had coupons to get $7 off on a purchase of $25! So yes, I had a blast. I was able to find a lot of things for Audree for the summer, only to come home and realize she all ready has a bigger summer wardrobe than any of us. I have been picking up 2T things here and there for at least a year now!

Here is almost all of my loot! 

After the Salvation Army, we went over to the Thrifty Shopper where we had a coupon to get 50% off our entire purchase! That is where I found my best deal of the day. Well, two best deals, I guess. I found a David's Bridal flower girl dress in absolutely PERFECT condition for $2! I also found a pair of excellent condition Stride Rite shoes for $1! So, because Audree wears a wide shoe and these were just regular width, I am going to sell the shoes. I am also thinking about selling the dress because even though it would make a beautiful Christmas dress, I think I can probably sell it for $20 or so and be able to keep justifying thrifting!

So, I was able to get all of that, plus a couple things for Alex, two T-shirts for Jeff, and a gymboree bathing suit that was downstairs drying all for $33! If I counted correctly, that was 35 items. The gymboree and Children's Place items that I found are worth at least twice that if not more! Or to put it in better perspective, that's what the Stride Rite shoes would have cost!

Here is Audree modeling a few things for me. Including Alex's hat...

My wonderful husband and son got me a new medicine ball which Audree is going to give herself a hernia carrying around... A gift card to get my nails done some day at this really nice salon, and iTunes gift card and some candy! We had a wonderful breakfast and also got to go out to Panera for dinner, my favorite restaurant. 

Audree's first signature!

Wegmans Ultimate White Cake, YUM 



Jeff's Birthday cake. Just because it's so cool and I haven't been able to brag about it yet! It is an icecream cake covered entirely in cut up ho hos! :) 
 
Here is to another year... 
 
One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple. 
Psalm 27:4 KJV



1 comment:

  1. Wow! Great finds! It definitely seemed like the perfect birthday celebration for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete